Soft/hard dependency requirements post 2.8 - input, please

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Mon Jul 29 21:37:43 UTC 2013

On 29. 7. 2013 0inkane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as apackager (Chakra) who's subscribed to this mailing list I guess I
> can help answering your question:
> libcdio is unfortunately not ABI compatible (I  guess you're interested
> in ABI, not API)

Actually not, I assumed ABI incompatibility. What matters here is API
compatibility as we target to $next distro releases and we can tell them they
need to rebase on newer library versions (in advance).

> see http://upstream-tracker.org/versions/libcdio.html

Hmm, this is nice, I didn't know about it. Although I assume that the
algorithm to compute API/ABI compatibility is rather dumb, right?

Anyways, thanks for the input, distro packagers are the most competent to
answer such questions.

	Matěj