Finally merging in libtomahawk changes from GSoC

Dominik Schmidt domme at tomahawk-player.org
Tue Jan 15 20:54:02 UTC 2013

Am 15.01.2013 21:31, schrieb Lucas Lira Gomes:
> Hey,

> Great. Thanks for helping XD.

Hey,

no problem. I want to get this done :-)

I take this as "Ok, go ahead and merge"...

>     * the commit generalizing the authorization request handling
>        we refactored the whole sip system lately and this was more or
>        less unmergeable
>

> I see your point, but I made it this way because XmmpSip implementation
> was tied to its gui stuff.
> In my opinion, the dialog that asks whether the user accept or not a
> peer request for connection shouldn't be there.
> XmmpSip should be an abstraction to the sip part of the Xmmp plugin
> only, otherwise the following problems would arise:
>
>  1. Classes that are harder to maintain and debug.
>  2. Libtomahawk's users wouldn't be able to use their own dialogs for
>     the situation mentioned above.
>  3. Strings hardcoded in Tomahawk's code couldn't
>     be internationalized in the proper way by libtomahawk's users.

I get your point - I always have been. In fact I really appreciate the
change itself, but it can't be simply merged and needs quite a bit of
manual work now already and won't become worse.. thus I'm postproning
this a bit until you find the time to catch up with the Amarok side of
things again..

Best regards,
Dominik