mysqldump error: 1146: Table 'amarok3.dbplaylist_History' doesn't exist when using LOCK TABLES

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 03:32:56 UTC 2013

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 4:49 AM, Edward Toroshchin <edward.hades at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Thanks for helping us fix bugs! We always appreciate the effort.

please don't thank me until I actually do it :-)

> Let me try to help you resolve your problems.
>
> On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 12:51:46PM -0800, Alan Ezust wrote:
> > Failed to create secure directory (/run/user/1000/pulse): Permission
> denied
>
> I believe your 'kde' user does not have the appropriate permissions. Try
> running these commands:
>
>  id kde
>  id <your username>
>
> This will show you, to which groups you and the 'kde' user belong. Most
> probably you will have to add your 'kde' user to one of the groups your
> user belongs to, most probably 'pulseaudio' or 'audio'.

ok, I changed the permissions. I wasn't sure if there was more to it than
that.
Thanks for your help!

> What did I do wrong? How does one copy an existing external amarok mysql
> > database and use that instead of the original?
>
> I think mysql does not recognize the new database if you simply copy the
> old one.
>
> I would personally try to duplicate the database by dumping the old one
> and recreating the new from the dump. Something along the lines of:
>
>     # rm -rf /var/lib/mysql/amarok3
>     # mysqladmin create amarok3
>     # mysqldump amarok | mysql -b amarok3

I tried doing a mysqldump of my current amarok database (amarok3) but it
fails with this message.

[ezust at cerberus] /home/kde/src> mysqldump --debug-info -u amarok -p amarok3
> amarok3.sql
Enter password:
mysqldump: Got error: 1146: Table 'amarok3.dbplaylist_History' doesn't
exist when using LOCK TABLES

User time 0.00, System time 0.00
Maximum resident set size 1868, Integral resident set size 0
Non-physical pagefaults 642, Physical pagefaults 0, Swaps 0
Blocks in 0 out 0, Messages in 0 out 0, Signals 0
Voluntary context switches 17, Involuntary context switches 2

What must I do in order to fix this so I can dump my database?
Is there some sort of corruption here?