Code-In tasks needed

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Wed Dec 4 16:34:30 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have been asked repeatedly by several students if we could have some
easy coding tasks for them during Googles Code-In which is running
right now.

Ideally those tasks should be small and doable withing 4-5 days. The
students are between 13 and 17 years old, some are quite good coders
already and it would be sad to miss the opportunity to get some fresh
blood into Amarok. Some of you might remember a certain Harald Sitter
when he started in Amarok, he was barely 16 IIRC, and is now the KDE
Multimedia maintainer :)

Little downside: the review needs to be done within 24-48 hours at
maximum, so if you make a task you need to be around when the review
request comes in.

Please everybody, get some free slots in your schedule for newcomers
during this session of Code-In, I think we would all be very grateful
for the work done by the students. I have an even cleaner bugs list
now after just a little week :)

Regards, Myriam

PS. Please also consider the request made by Mihail Ivchenko who
posted to the list about Code-In yesterday

http://www.fsfe.org