BACKPORT keyword

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Sun Aug 18 13:55:44 UTC 2013

On 18. 8. 2013 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> Heya,
>
> I just had a smart idea, which happens rarely enough: If we make
> commits where we already know that they should be backported later,
> put the keyword BACKPORT in the commit log. Later when we assemble the
> stable branch we can then simply grep over the whole log.

Yeah, this is a good idea, I in fact had a very similar one.

Still, when making possible 2.8.1, I'll go through all master commits and
judge them as we *will* forget to add that tag. It is nonetheless still useful
as "the author thinks this should be backported".

Also please note that due to the fact we don't have stable/trunk translation
branches (to keep things easy for translators), any BACKPORT commits should
respect string freeze (we can change that, but it would be another
discussion).

	Matěj