Triggering Copy to Collection from within a Service

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Aug 9 12:37:04 UTC 2013

Heya,

the Jamendo service has a "Download" button that currently triggers
the download of a torrent file, and then starts a bittorrent
application (if present) to download an album. However, this function
uses a deprecated API from Jamendo, and what's worse, it barely ever
works because there are no seeders.

Jamendo however also allows direct download of tracks. As I was
starting to implement this, I found out that the "Copy to Collection"
feature does exactly that, and it also supports Amarok's progress
logger system, and transcoding. So I want to use this same feature for
the Download function as well, but of course I'd rather do it without
duplicating the code.

Can I trigger Copy to Collection from within the service in a clean way?

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer