Can Phonon create "fingerprint" of audio files?

vedant agarwala vedant.kota at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 09:33:12 UTC 2013

Myriam,
I know the function of CUE sheets and what it means to support this
feature. Even though I felt it was a long shot, I was hoping phonon
supports splitting of the audio file. I wanted to know whether this is
possible or not because I want to implement a "drag-and-drop" feature. That
is, when a user drags a track (that is actually a part of a larger file)
and drops it in, say, a file browser I want only that track, i.e. only a
specific part of the CUE-sheeted file, to be copied.
I am working to do a GSoC this year. I do my homework and then post on
mailing lists as you have already pointed out :) I searched the phonon site
but its not as detailed so I thought maybe this feature isn't listed
(again, I agree it was a long shot).