amarok-devel at kde.org

Sven Krohlas sven at asbest-online.de
Wed Apr 3 04:06:24 UTC 2013

Heya,

Matěj Laitl wrote:
> On 2. 4. 2013 Edward Toroshchin wrote:
>> Well, I'm not a particular fan of bureaucracy myself, but why do we have
>> a mailing list at all, if such a major thing is not even _announced_
>> there?
>
> First, I wouldn't consider this _major_ at all. Second: yes, I should have
> told Daniel to add CCMAIL: amarok-devel, my apologies.
>
>> Also, when did the discussion take place on the IRC? I'd love to see
>> that "sane distribution" list for future reference.
>
> Right before the commit, on #amarok (i.e. not on the development channel).

fyi: deciding stuff on IRC has been the source for major arguments
several times in the past. There are always people who had no chance
to participate in the discussion. They are upset afterwards.

This project has a history of taking decisions on IRC, but imho it is
time to ask ourselves weather this is a good approach. Imho it is not.