amarok-devel at kde.org

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Tue Apr 2 21:27:02 UTC 2013

On 2. 4. 2013 Edward Toroshchin wrote:
> Well, I'm not a particular fan of bureaucracy myself, but why do we have
> a mailing list at all, if such a major thing is not even _announced_
> there?

First, I wouldn't consider this _major_ at all. Second: yes, I should have
told Daniel to add CCMAIL: amarok-devel, my apologies.

> Also, when did the discussion take place on the IRC? I'd love to see
> that "sane distribution" list for future reference.

Right before the commit, on #amarok (i.e. not on the development channel). The
distribution list is nowhere, I've checked myself. You can check yourself, it
would cost much less energy for you and me than this pointless discussion.

> On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 09:54:18PM +0200, Matěj Laitl wrote:
> > Given that this was only a minor version bump (4.8.0 -> 4.8.2) needed for
> > some cleanup changes, I only said "go forward" on IRC.
>
> (minor version) bump != minor (version bump)

This was both (minor version) bump and minor (version bump). Please provide
*technical* and *pragmatic* resons why the change shouldn't have been made,
instead of *the change has been made using bad process*.

	Matěj