[UI] QML CV usability feedback

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Fri Sep 28 19:03:52 UTC 2012

On 28. 9. 2012 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Hi Thomas,

> I've now compiled the QML branch of Amarok and will give some feedback to
> the new Context View, as promised about a month ago. I'm addressing the
> whole list since I'm not sure who will be working on the CV in the near
> future.

thanks for it! Let's hope we (mainly Riccardo) can take as much as possible
from it.

> And finally for the future interaction design:
> First of all, I'd need to know which features of the old CV you are planning
> to re-implement and which ones you are planning to cut. Depending on these
> decisions, we can start working on interaction design for the planned
> features.

Please have a look at src/context/TODO in the qml branch, it is a rough list
of features that we expect from the QML CV as discussed on the ML.

> I'm looking forward to working with the Amarok team again (and now I've
> finally got the hang of compiling Amarok master or branches from Git
> easily, so I can try things out immediately)!

Great, thanks!

> P.S.: I'd like to establish the [UI] tag for UI-related threads on this list
> so that people like me who don't understand purely technical threads anyway
> can concentrate on the threads relevant for them. If that's okay with you
> guys, I'd appreciate if you could add that tag to the subjects of
> UI-related mails in the future.

+1.

Riccardo, Teo,
how does the QML CV work continue? I see there are no commits there for about
a month, perhaps you've hit some roadblocks?

	Matěj