Instant crashes on start with Amarok built from git

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 10:25:25 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:27 AM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org>wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 4:25 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi folks, for the last month or so, Amarok has crashed on start, built
> from
> > git. I can't seem to get a good enough BT, although I've installed all
> the
> > dbg packages I could find. Today I tried changing my phonon backend from
> vlc
> > to gstreamer, which made no difference. Also, I did a fresh build (sudo
> rm
> > -rf ~/kde/build/amarok/*), no difference. All dependencies are found
> except
> > the newest libmygpo-qt.
>
> Did you try erasing the config files? I see no problem here.
>
> Regards, Myriam
>
> PS. The newest libmygpo-qt is in the backports PPA for Quantal.

Once I renamed the config files, it starts again. I didn't find the
up-to-date libmygpo-qt although I have backports enabled. Not sure what is
up with that.

Thanks for the reminder about configs; I was hoping not to have to do that.
It's a bit of a pain to re-enter passwords and etc.

All the best,

Valorie

PS to bcooksley: I searched rather thoroughly, and did not find devel or
debug packages for the qtscript-bindings.

--
http://about.me/valoriez