Release plan

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Fri Nov 9 15:57:43 UTC 2012

On 9. 11. 2012 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> > We don't really need a beta tagging in advance of the beta release, plus
> > I'd really like to push the string freeze further (because some bugfixes
> > are hard in string freeze), so I'll most probably just tag an release
> > beta on Nov 27.
>
> If you want anyone outside the team to do something for you with the release
> (and take your relese process seriously) you do.

Hmm, please explain. I understand that the final release benefits from being
tagged and packaged earlier than the public release date is.

But for a beta, where we don't expect 0-day distro packages, up-to-date
translations or dot.kde announcements? But again, I'll be happy to know what
folks outside the team could do for us if I tag the beta a week earlier.

Cheers,
		Matěj