GSoC report #2 - Integrate Spotify into Amarok

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Tue May 29 11:25:04 UTC 2012

On May 27, 2012, at 10:13 PM, Ryan Feng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Spotify service plugin has two parts, a standalone Spotify resolver and
> a Amarok side Script Resolver, it's mainly from Tomahawk.  I've rewrote the
> Amarok side resolver, it can work without Tomahawk base classes and headers
> now. Here[1] is the code.
>
> In the following week, I will continue working on the resolver to make it more suited
> for Amarok.
>
> [1] http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=scratch%2Fzhengliangfeng%2Fgsoc-scratch.git&a=summary

Hi from one of the authors of the spotify resolver :)

 Please don't fork the resolver and make a bunch of amarok-specific changes. I'm more than happy to work together to make the resolver support both Tomahawk's and Amarok's needs together. If we end up with two different variants it is only a matter of time until one of the two bitrots and falls into disrepair, especially because Hugo and I are making frequent (and sometimes incompatible) changes to the spotify resolver as libspotify itself is often changing as well.

I'm hanging out in the amarok channels as well as #tomahawk, so lets have some conversations to make sure the resolver can do what you need it to do.

cheers,
leo

--
leo at kdab.com                                 KDAB (USA), LLC