Tomahawk features

Teo Mrnjavac teo at kde.org
Fri Mar 30 20:07:59 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 20:57, Igor Vileikis <festys.rpo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Maybe we haven't been clear enough: we need a completely
>> Tomahawk-compatible feature. It should work like Tomahawk and also
>> look kinda reminescent of Tomahawk. Since Tomahawk is Free software,
>> and Amarok is Free software, and the Tomahawk devs are plain awesome
>> and building a great product, it makes no sense to me if we reinvented
>> an incompatible wheel.
>>
>> If you're still interested in the project under these constraints, I
>> suggest you check out Tomahawk's code and propose a sensible way to
>> satisfy those requirements.
>>
>> Cheers,
>

> Hi Teo,
>
> Well, I talked about this with Tomahawk, they told me to check libtomahawk
> in there sourse code. I found there all features which are needed for a
> project: jabber, streaming, work with Tomahawk collections and others. I'll
> rewrite my proposal.
>
> One more thing, I think that I should to talk to Bart Cerneels about this
> project, cause he is a mentor after all. I wrote to mail list but I've get
> no response from him. Could you please tell me his irc nick or email.
>
> And about vk.com idea. I guess that I need mentor for it. I know that it's
> not your main priority but steel I want to send it to Google. How can I get
> him?

Hello Igor,

I'm a mentor for Amarok as well, and a member of the KDE GSoC admin
team. As suggested in KDE's GSoC ideas page, the best way to contact
mentors is through project mailing lists, in our case this is
amarok-devel at kde.org. Bart tends to be quite busy some days but he
does follow the mailing list. I suggest you prepare a draft of your
proposal, send it to the mailing list, and some Amarok team members
(possibly including Bart) will review it. You could also email him
privately I guess, but it is very common in Free Software projects to
keep technical questions and discussions public in mailing lists.

Don't worry about mentor assignments: those are done later on in the
process when student proposals are evaluated and selected. If your
proposal gets selected, you will get a mentor from the Amarok team but
in the meantime, the mailing list should be your main point of
contact.

Cheers,
--
Teo