Amarok idea Tomahawk features

Igor Vileikis festys.rpo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:52:54 UTC 2012

Hi,
Can you explain me what directly should my idea have to saticfy the
conditions of participating GSoC 2012? Because I haven't understood is my
proposal acceptable or not. If there are any requirements in some details
which you want to know, please tell me directly what are them. If there is
a need in some external actions from my side(for example discussing my
proposal with Tomahawk community) tell me what should I do.

any reason for using QXmpp & libjingle instead jreen [0], that is used
> by Tomahawk?

 Well I didn't know that Tomahawk already used jreen library. If it's so
there is no problems in using jreen for me. By the way, the reasons of
using QXmpp & libjingle were discribed in my proposal. The quote from my
application about this:

*XMPP protocol provides features of instant messaging and sending
> invitations. It’s available to send XML data through messages . So it’ll be
> used for:
>
>    - sharing tracks through messages or invitations
>    - getting friend’s collection of Amarok
>
> There is a good Qt library QXmpp[5][6] for those purposes.
> Jingle is an extension to XMPP which the main feature for project is
> music streaming. So it allows to implement:
>
>    - stream tracks from friend’s collection
>

>    - listen to something what user’s friends do
>
> For implementation it’ll be used a linjingle SDK [7][8] a collection of
> C++ code which provide Jingle protocol abilities.*

*Both protocols and their SDKs have nice documentation and QXmpp people say

*[5] http://code.google.com/p/qxmpp/
> [6] http://qxmpp.googlecode.com/svn/tags/qxmpp-0.3.93/doc/html/index.html
> [7] https://developers.google.com/talk/libjingle/?hl=ru-RU
> *
> *[8] https://developers.google.com/talk/libjingle/developer_guide?hl=en*

Also I don't understand what is the connection between Amarok & Tomahawk?
Aren't these projects seperate? As a seperate project, Amarok has no need
in implimentation particulary with jreen. I find that QXmpp & libjingle are
much better tools for implementation beacuse there is a nice documentation
while jreen hasn't such a thing. It would delay my work and will lead to
unreasonable discussions with Tomahawk community while I could just check
the documentation in the case with QXmpp & libjingle.

If you think that my reasons haven't enough sense that would be ok. As I
said there is no problems for me in using jreen but I'm not sure that it
has enough features for implementation.

Regards,
Igor.