Problem on Windows

Sven Krohlas sven at asbest-online.de
Sun Jun 24 10:39:23 UTC 2012

Heya,

<TheOneRing> just found out that amarok wont start on some windows systems because of the UAC and
some rightsmanagemend (tested on windows 8)  because amarok tries to write the stuff directly to the
installation folder/data http://paste.kde.org/~windows/506402/
<TheOneRing> and the apllication doesnt have the right to write there

>From the paste (to save it from expiring):

    120623 16:21:26 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled
    120623 16:21:26 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use Windows interlocked functions
    120623 16:21:26 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.3
    120623 16:21:26 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 128.0M
    120623 16:21:26 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
    120623 16:21:26  InnoDB: Operating system error number 5 in a file operation.
    InnoDB: The error means mysqld does not have the access rights to
    InnoDB: the directory. It may also be you have created a subdirectory
    InnoDB: of the same name as a data file.
    InnoDB: File name C:\Program Files\Amarok\data\ib_logfile0
    InnoDB: File operation call: 'open'.
    InnoDB: Cannot continue operation.

>From what I was able to grep I cannot understand why this is happening.

I guess fixing that would really help our Windows builds.
--
Darkerradio Free Music Charts Januar 2012:
http://www.darkerradio.com/news/free-music-charts-januar-2012/