Improving code quality - krazy checks

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon Jul 30 09:54:26 UTC 2012

Hi all,

in a continuous effort to improve our code quality I recently had a
look at EBN and already fixed some trivial stuff I as a non-coder can
do:

http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/reports/extragear/multimedia/amarok/index.html

Sadly there still are a lot of messages where we could improve things.
Since EBN is not showing you the problems by priority one has to digg
a bit to find stuff where we could improve:

Krazy gives us a lot of errors so I will post only what seems the most
important stuff for now.

Check for code that should be considered crashy. [crashy]...OOPS! 14
issues found!

(Looks for not using QPointers when showing modal dialogs via exec(),
as discussed in http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3919)

*src/services/ampache/AmpacheAccountLogin.cpp: line# 134 (1)
*src/services/opmldirectory/OpmlDirectoryModel.cpp: line# 302 (1)
*src/configdialog/dialogs/ScriptsConfig.cpp: line# 72 (1)
*src/core-impl/podcasts/sql/SqlPodcastProvider.cpp: line# 719,1150 (2)
*src/core-impl/collections/support/CollectionLocationDelegateImpl.cpp:
line# 109 (1)
*src/core-impl/collections/umscollection/UmsCollection.cpp: line# 617 (1)
*src/core-impl/collections/umscollection/podcasts/UmsPodcastProvider.cpp:
line# 276 (1)
*src/context/applets/tabs/TabsApplet.cpp: line# 323 (1)
*src/covermanager/CoverFoundDialog.cpp: line# 395 (1)
*src/covermanager/CoverFetchingActions.cpp: line# 165 (1)
*src/MainWindow.cpp: line# 509,574 (2)
*src/browsers/playlistbrowser/DynamicView.cpp: line# 136 (1)

Everything else seems less important in terms of priority (especially
the signal-slot normalization that gave me a lot of false positives in
the ContextView code when I ran normalize so I didn't send it to
reviewboard).

The missing tooltips are many, so if you feel like doing a good a good
action, please go ahead and decrease that number. For now we do not
use the whatsThis dialog, so shift that down to very low priority

Also there are quite a lot of errors in i18n, but those need to wait
for after the 2.6 release.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org