GSoC update

Phalgun Guduthur phalgun.guduthur at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 14:37:23 UTC 2012

Hey All!

An update on my GSoC project : Semantic Collection for Amarok

I have figured out a way to reuse a lot of existing Amarok code. So it made
a part of the code I wrote till now redundant.

I will be using MemoryCollection as other collections do. The Meta QMaps
will be constructed using queried results from Nepomuk. This will make all
the collections consistent and hopefully avoids a lot of bugs too.
Similarly, I will also be reusing the MemoryQueryMaker and the other
support classes that go with it.

Right now, the Nepomuk Queries are taking too long. So I will have to run
them in the background using Threadweaver jobs.
Apart from this, the NepomukCollection looks complete with the Meta classes
implemented.

For the mid evaluation, I want to get the Nepomuk tracks displayed in the
GUI. And to be able to play them too (Which of course Amarok already
handles).

Cheers
Phalgun