Queries Regarding GSoC 2012 Project : Spotify Collection

Teo Mrnjavac teo at kde.org
Sun Feb 26 08:23:53 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 07:32, vikash anand <vikashanand.mit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Teo,
> Thank you so much for your help and bringing into my notice that, we need to
> have an spotify account for this project. Since, I am based in India where
> spotify has not yet been launched, I think its not possible for me to work
> on this project :(
>
> Anyways, i have gone through another project i.e Tomahawk features in
> amarok.
> I will be glad if you could tell me how to go about this project and the
> prerequisites for the project.

Hi,

Again I can't advise you in detail because it's not my area of
expertise, but the goal of this project would be to develop a service
that implements Tomahawk's protocol. If you haven't already you might
want to start by trying Tomahawk. There are several ways to find
friends, the easiest one is a Google Talk account, and this plus
streaming is what we want in Amarok. Tomahawk's code could be very
useful for inspiration when doing this.

Bart could probably give you more technical information about the task.

Cheers,
--
Teo