GSoC proposal : Semantic Collection for Amarok

Phalgun Guduthur phalgun.guduthur at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 10:31:25 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org>wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 13:24, Phalgun Guduthur
> <phalgun.guduthur at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > My name is Phalgun Guduthur, a 21 year old final year under grad
> majoring in
> > Computer Science in PESIT, Bangalore India.
> >
> > I am interested in working on the Amarok GSoC idea 'Semantic Collection
> for
> > Amarok'. I have been researching on this project for a few days now. I
> have
> > had a few interactions with the mentor (Teo) to gain a clear
> understanding
> > on the problem statement. I have had prior experience working with
> Nepomuk.
> > More details on it can be found in the proposal.
> >
> > I have come up with a proposal and you can find it attached it to this
> > mail.This is first rough draft of the proposal, so there are bound to be
> > mistakes. Please let me know if I have made a blunder anywhere.
> >
> > I plan to come up with a patch in a few days. It will attached to the
> > proposal when complete.
> >
> > Hope you find the time to review my proposal.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Phalgun
> >

> Hi Phalgun
>
> You proposal looks really good. Had a quick skim through it and it's
> easy to read as well.
> I don't understand why you included the database scheme though, by
> using nepomuk no SQL is required.
>
> I'll leave it up to Teo for deeper analysis.
>
> Bart

Hi Bart

Thank you for your kind comments.

The DB Schema is a pictorial representation of the existing embedded MySql
collection. It was just an indication that the NepomukCollection
architecture that I develop will comply with the existing schema and won't
break any existing code.

It was just a comparison.

Cheers
Phalgun