Continuous integration for Amarok on build.kde.org

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Sun Feb 12 13:20:42 UTC 2012

Hi!

On 12. 2. 2012 Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> On Saturday 11 February 2012 19.53.59 you wrote:
> > Hi Torgny,
> > we've been discussing Amarok CI possibilities with other Amarok developers
> > lately and I've been pointed to you by Ben Cooksley as a maintainer of
> > build.kde.org.
> >
> > Would it be possible to set up a build & test job for Amarok on build.k.o?
>
> I'm on it :)

Great!

> > With its CMake & CTest buildsystem it should be fairly similar to other
> > KDE
> >
> > projects. These are Amarok required dependencies:
> >     * KDE-Libs 4.6 + KDE-Base-runtime 4.6(oxygen-icons) (or newer)
> >     * Qt 4.6 (or newer)
> >     * TagLib 1.7 (or newer)
> >     * TagLib Extras 1.0.1 (or newer)
> >     * MySQL 5.0 (or newer) Embedded: libmysqld compiled with fPIC
> >     * QtScript Generator, Qt Bindings 0.1.0
> >     * LibQCA 2.0.2 (or newer)
> >     * gmock 1.4 (or newer) - http://code.google.com/p/googlemock/ [in fact
> >
> > optional, but tests need it and CI wouldn't have sense without them]
>
> Do you know if there is any special install trick needed for this one?
> ./configure && make && make install doesn't work for me.

Hmm, `make install` of gmock-1.6.0 fails for me, too, but it works for
gmock-1.5.0, so I suggest you try that as a quick fix:
http://googlemock.googlecode.com/files/gmock-1.5.0.tar.gz

> > Following are optional dependencies [nice-to-have, not crucial]:
> >     * libgpod 0.7.93 (or newer) [iPod plugin]
> >     * GDKPixBuf 2.0 (or newer) [artwork in iPod plugin]
> >     * libmtp 1.0.0 (or newer) [MTP device support]
> >     * OpenSSL http://www.openssl.org [Mp3tunes.com integration]
> >     * libxml2 http://xmlsoft.org [Mp3tunes.com integration]
> >     * libcurl http://curl.haxx.se [Mp3tunes.com integration]
> >     * Glib2 http://www.gtk.org [Mp3tunes.com integration]
> >     * Loudmouth, the Jabber library [Mp3tunes.com integration]
> >     * Qt compiled with Glib enabled [Mp3tunes.com integration]
> >     * Liblastfm 0.3 [last.fm integration]
> >     * QJson 0.7 (or newer) [playdar collection]
> >     * MySQL 5.0 (or newer) Server (external database support)
> >     * LibOFA - http://code.google.com/p/musicip-libofa/ [musicbrainz]
> >     * libmygpo-qt 1.0.5 (or newer) [ gpodder.net Podcast Provider]
>
> I'll try and install as many of these as I can find.

Good, thanks. No problem installing these gradually.

> > I do have some limited Hudson experience so given an account, I can try to
> > setup/maintain Amarok jobs myself. Please let us know whether this would
> > be possible and what can we do for it.
>
> For now we try to keep the number of admins to me and the sysadmin team,
> this is due to change once we move the installation to the real server that
> Ben is setting up. The plan then is to allow all repo admins to
> administrator the jenkins parts in jenkins as well. Issue will still be
> that installing dependencies and so will require shell access to the server
> and that is up to the sysadmin team to handle (I'm not part of that)

Okay. Apart from installing dependencies, shell access shouldn't be needed at
all.

Another thing came to my mind - some Amarok tests apparently require X
session. Is this already dealed with on build.k.o? If not, Xvfb should do the
job nicely. Future considerations include testing against multiple kdelibs, Qt
and TagLib versions, but this is really low priority.

Thanks for your efforts,
					Matěj Laitl and the Amarok development team