Gsoc 2012 socialize amarok

Gioacchino Mazzurco gmazzurco89 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 23:04:54 UTC 2012

Hi all!

In Italy we have a very big community based network ninux.org [1][2]
We have a lot of bandwidth inside our net and we enjoy to share music over the
network.

But amarok seems still lacking of an effective ( not only for geek ) way to
share music with other in the network, we gave a try to tomahawk ( that use
playdar for sharing ) and it seems very good on that, but we really like
amarok so we are thinking on integrating playdar [0] in amarok, as KDE do we
also participate at google summer of code so if we have a free slot we can
give that to implement that but we wanna be sure that our code will be
integrated on the main amarok, me personally i have already participated to
GS0C 2011 as mentor and we got success, so i am asking if the core team of
amarok is interested on that and if is sisposed to work toghether to give
amarok a robust way to share music

I hope to read soon a new mail on that topic

[0] http://www.playdar.org
[1] wiki.ninux.org
[2] map.ninux.org