Amarok's new CV usability

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Aug 20 19:34:56 UTC 2012

On Sunday 19 August 2012 22:56:21 Teo Mrnjavac wrote:
> Hello Thomas,

Hello Teo and Riccardo,

> Myriam just told me you contacted us about helping out with usability
> insight for our new Context View.
> Meet Riccardo (ruphy on IRC), he's the GSoC student who has been
> designing and developing it. I've been his GSoC mentor.
>
> Thank you for your interest!
> Keeping in mind that Riccardo's work is still not at
> feature-completeness, any insight you can provide is appreciated. If
> you wish to take a look, feel free to check out the branch "qml" from
> Amarok's git repo. I don't know if Myriam and you already talked about
> specific stuff, but feel free to join us on IRC or ask on
> amarok-devel at kde.org.

I must admit that I am pretty much of a n00b when it comes to both compiling
manually (as in _really_ manually, not with a ready-made PKGBUILD from AUR in
Arch or CCR in Chakra) and using git (so far the only git command I used was
"git clone [repo]". Therefore I guess I'll need some time to get into the
relevant workflows before I can get that branch running on my machine.

I must also admit that I'm not a real "IRC power user" who is "just there"
most of the time and can be pinged at any point. For me it works better to
schedule a meeting on IRC so I can arrange to be there.
The mailing list always works for me since it's asynchronous, of course :)

Myriam and me haven't talked about anything specific yet.
I guess I'll just try to find some time to get the branch running on my machine
(you'll notice that I've found that time when I appear on IRC asking tons of
questions ;) ) and then I'll give you feedback. Would that be okay for you
guys?

Cheers,
Thomas