GSoC weekly update

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Mon Aug 20 12:08:56 UTC 2012

Hi,
these weeks, many fixes and feature polishing went into the CV QMLification,
and I'm being more and more confident that we're close to being able to merge
the branch with master. I'm happy about the work done so far because every
feature integrated has been thought of thoroughly, to ensure UI consistency
and usability. It's not perfect yet (especially because the other parts of
Amarok are still the old ones), but in my opinion it's a great start.

I will post a merge request soonish, when I feel that also the last few
remaining issues have been solved.

Some of the main todos identified for now include:
 * I need to fix the recolorization of SVG themes. I'm close to the point of
understanding where the problem lies, but I need some help by Marco Martin.
 * Some more abstraction in the QML is needed (sizes, ...): remember the
original QML was in fact a mockup.
 * A nicer view for when a track is not playing. I probably need to produce a
new mockup for this, since I think that I can do something better than just a
text.

All in all, it's doing great. Note that I'm not aiming for 100% feature parity
with the old CV, because my first target is to create a UI that makes sense.
Whenever a new feature is integrated, i want to be perfectly sure that it fits
consistently with the rest of the experience.

Bye,
-Riccardo