Amarok Dev Days 2011

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Sep 6 06:43:43 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey team,
>
> in replacement of our usual sprints, which don't happen very
> frequently, I would like to propose an "Amarok Dev Days" event, hosted
> once per year at different locations. This year we can host it in our
> apartment in Ulm/Germany. It's huge (we can host 12 people without a
> problem) and in the city center, we have good and cheap hotels right
> around the corner, we have fast WiFi and Internet access (100 Mbit/s)
> which makes teleconferences possible for members who cannot attend, a
> big kitchen for breakfast, and with the bus station you can reach any
> location in Ulm for EUR 1,70. Nokia might also help a bit with
> sponsoring, e.g. by giving free N950 devices for our Amarok Move port.

Thinking about it, especially with Qt Dev Days coming up soon (where
we can have Amarok sessions), having the Amarok Dev Days this year
might get a bit too hectic. I suggest that we all try to come to Dev
Days. It's going to be a very cool event, and Knut will give out some
N950 there as well. We can ask him to reserve a bunch for the Amarok
team, for our Amarok Move port. I'm currently discussing with Knut how
to handle the ticket stuff best.

How about doing an ADD event early next year?

PS:
ADD - Amarok Dev Days has to be the coolest acronym, beats VDD -
VideoLan Dev Days by a long shot :p

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Senior Software Engineer at Nokia