Amarok Dev Days 2011

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Sep 3 19:59:10 UTC 2011

Hey team,

in replacement of our usual sprints, which don't happen very
frequently, I would like to propose an "Amarok Dev Days" event, hosted
once per year at different locations. This year we can host it in our
apartment in Ulm/Germany. It's huge (we can host 12 people without a
problem) and in the city center, we have good and cheap hotels right
around the corner, we have fast WiFi and Internet access (100 Mbit/s)
which makes teleconferences possible for members who cannot attend, a
big kitchen for breakfast, and with the bus station you can reach any
location in Ulm for EUR 1,70. Nokia might also help a bit with
sponsoring, e.g. by giving free N950 devices for our Amarok Move port.

I'd like to style it after VideoLan (VLC) Dev Days:

http://www.videolan.org/videolan/events/vdd11.html

A few years ago our Amarok sprint was hosted by KDAB in Berlin. The
costs for the meeting room (big one) was taken over by KDAB. Travel
expenses and hotel/hostel can be a mix of KDE e.V. and Amarok
reimbursement, or you could ask your employer to pay. The events
should be done mostly on weekends, which does not require taking
vacation for most of us. We can also provide privacy if someone needs
to do work for their company.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Senior Software Engineer at Nokia