FYI: Re: Qt 4.8 QUrl.toLocalFile behavior change, impacts to KUrl (and friends)

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 12:54:17 UTC 2011

Am Mon, 7 Nov 2011 10:11:33 +0100
schrieb Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org>:

> We should build with QURL_NO_CAST_FROM_QSTRING in the 2.6 cycle to
> make sure amarok works correctly with Qt 4.8.

That doesn't cut it, because it will only prevent

      QUrl url = "http://www.kde.org/";

(what's a correct url, btw.)

but NOT

       QUrl no_url( "/that/is/no.url" );

what should either be

       QUrl url("file:///this/is/a.url");
or
       QUrl url = QUrl::fromUserInput( "/this/is/no/url.YET" );

One will have to dig for bogus constructor usage as well, ie. sth. like

       grep -rE "QUrl\s*\([^:]*\).*$" *

to at least get a rough idea about where could be some issues.

Cheers,
Thomas