gpodder.net Amarok Integration - Design Issues

Stefan Derkits stefan at derkits.at
Tue Nov 1 13:47:02 UTC 2011

Hey,

as Amarok 2.5 Release (and with it hopefully the gpodder.net
Integration) is soon, we need to fix the Service.

As discussed with Stefan Kögl & Thomas Perl, I forward this discussion
also to the gpodder Mailinglist (and hope that maybe some people who
use gpodder want to help a little bit with testing).

Known problems atm:
- -) Episode Actions are sent every 30 seconds always including the last
position (and also not sent for skipped parts)
- -) Episode Actions are not correctly sent if a podcast includes a
"last stop postion" mark but user starts to play from position 0
- -) Annoying popup related to KIO (wrapper around QNetworkAccessManager)

This Popup is related to the isPossibleSpoofingAttack Method in
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdelibs/repository/revisions/master/entry/kioslave/http/http.cpp
& libmygpo-qt setting the data for http basic auth in the url.

@thp: Could you maybe explain how you handle the Episode Actions in
the gpodder App? This could maybe be a good way also for amarok.

@skoegl: Any chance to implement some other Auth Mechanism than basic
auth (I know there is the auth api, but that too needs basic auth) in
gpodder.net really soon?

Stefan