bug 268540

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sun May 29 13:02:57 CEST 2011

Hi and sorry for the late response.

Simply log into http://bugs.kde.org and add your comment to the report :)

> I'm reacting on your comment in the bug
> report (Amarok not recognizing ipod nano 8GB, showing 0 tracks). This bug
> was already reported in March and we are now in May. I feel very
> disappointed with the kde people that this bug has not been resolved despite
> two new kde versions since that time. I'm on Kubuntu's kde sc 4.6.3 now. It
> seems that nobody feels responsible to solve this bug. I can't imagine that
> I'm the only person using KDE with an ipod. I recently found out that gtkpod
> 1.0.0 (using libgpod 0.7.93) is able to transfer files to the ipod. So my
> question is why is kde lagging so terribly? Breaking device support and not
> resolving the issue gives open source a bad name.

Well, this is simply due to the fact that all our developers work on
Amarok and/or KDE in their free time and all have day jobs or studies
and families and a life outside of Amarok and/or KDE as well, so there
is not always much time left for Free Software. I hope you understand.

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org