added:today not working in current git

Ralf Engels ralf-engels at gmx.de
Fri May 27 20:52:50 CEST 2011

> Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 17:36:31 +0200
> From: Mathias Panzenb?ck  <grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net>
> Subject: added:today not working in current git
> To: Amarok <amarok-devel at kde.org>
>
> I just wanted to note that the collection query "added:today" returns ALL my music files instead of
> just the ones that where added today.
>
> GIT version I use:
> commit 8415cd0729a536c1c8ac6f76ad332ce19494f4ba
> Author: Sven Krohlas <sven at asbest-online.de>
> Date:   Thu May 26 11:50:10 2011 +0200
>

> 	-panzi

Works for me.
Did you do a full rescan recently?

Also I we might think about a "StatisticsManager" component.

It should store/handle statistics for all of our files.

Querying statistics should be "fuzzy", that is, you might ask for a
tracks statistic by last known URL, UID, track-name, artist, album or
any combination of those.

This would:
- Remove the different statistics handling between the database
collection and all other collections.

- Store single statistics for a track, regardless where it comes from.
 e.g. "Bad to the Bone" in my local collection would have the same
playcount as "Bad to the Bone" from LastFm. Listening to any one of
those would increase the playcount.

- Simplify the handling of deleted tracks inside the SqlCollection where
some data has to be kept in order not to loose the statistics (and it
happens that they are lost regardless, latest example is a bug with
cross-naming files)