Fwd: [Kde-events] [Randa] More information about Randa 2011 participation

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Wed May 18 09:38:13 CEST 2011

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mario Fux <kde-ml at unormal.org>
Date: Tue, May 17, 2011 at 14:45
Subject: [Kde-events] [Randa] More information about Randa 2011 participation
To: kde-events at kde.org

Good morning kde-events

June comes nearer every day and thus the Randa 2011 meeting as well. And thus
I'd like to send you some more important information. Most of the items should
be repetitions. If you see there is something missing you should just email me
(fux at kde.org) or call me (+41787684260 - note this number down somewhere for
the time you're in Switzerland ;-). And here the information:

- If you've not yet ordered your transportation tickets for Randa do it asap.
If you're one of the persons who need a Swiss train ticket and you contacted
me already you'll get another email soon.
- The village Randa is located at 1440 meters above sea level and surrounded
by mountains and glaciers. That means that in the night the temperatures go
down appreciably and that you should probably bring at least a long sleeved
shirt with you. We were happy in the last years and had good weather with
temperatures around 25° celsius during the day but when the weather is bad it
can become quite cold outside.
- To keep the house clean please bring some house shoes or slippers with you
which you can change in a room right next to the entrance.
- For the food please bring 100 CHF in cash. That's for all 7 days (it's 15
CHF per day minus 5 CHF which is paid by sponsors).
- As last year we'll offer again "FreeBeer" (www.freebeer.ch). But it is just
free as in speech and not as in beer and costs 2 EUR or 3 CHF per bottle.
- About the beds: You get a pillow and a blanket.  If this is not enough
please bring your sleeping bag with you. You can rent for 30 CHF some extra
bed linen (for all 7 days).
- There is a small grocery in the village and for ATMs you need to go to
Zermatt (we'll do a trip to Zermatt on one of the meeting days).
- In general: For more information about Randa and the meeting take a look at
http://community.kde.org/Sprints/Randa . There you find information such as
about the Swiss power plugs, etc.

Hope you're now ready for the sprint and I'm there for any more questions.

Thx and Cu soon
Mario

http://www.fsfe.org