Before I forget....Question about new Amarok Config dialog tooltip

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Mar 10 18:02:18 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the new Configuration dialog page done for the Handbook:
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/ConfiguringAmarok
>
> Please correct any errors you see! One tooltip bothered me, in
> Scripts, at the bottom of the dialog, for the checkbox  "Automatically
> update built-in scripts" which reads: Automatically download and
> install updates for the built-in scripts from the Amarok website if
> available.
>
> Shouldn't this say instead, "Automatically download and install
> updates for user-contributed scripts if available"

No, the description is actually correct. Amarok cannot update
user-contributed scripts (from kde-apps.org).

It can however update the few scripts that we bundle with Amarok.
We've never made use of this so far, but it could one day be important
(e.g. if a web site changes).

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Senior Software Engineer at Nokia