Bug 263640

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Thu Jun 23 09:40:29 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 15:05, Sandeep <sandy.8925 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Message: 3
>> Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 16:10:11 +0200
>> From: Bart Cerneels<bart.cerneels at kde.org>
>> Subject: Re: Bug 263640
>> To: amarok-devel at kde.org
>>
>> I would urge you to implement Meta::Track::isPlayable() instead. In
>> addition to MetaProxy loading in XSPFPlaylist and other playlist
>> classes.
>>

> Should I implement Meta::Track::isPlayable() and then use that to check
> if the media is playable or not? It might make it easier.
>
> -Sandeep

Well, obviously it's a better approach then what was first suggested.
The function is already there, but not used everywhere that it should
because in many cases it's not properly implemented. In fact it's
mostly just "return true;".

Like I said, with the correct handling of track loading in
XSPFPlaylist and checking for isPlayable() in PlaylistModel this can
be quite seamless and easy to implement. I would make the non-playable
tracks gray/desaturated as this is understood by all computer users as
"not available".

Bart