Fwd: [LikeBack: Dislike] #2222 (2.4-GIT - en_US)

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Jun 21 14:15:24 CEST 2011

Gah...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <hugo at oxygen-icons.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:56
Subject: [LikeBack: Dislike] #2222 (2.4-GIT - en_US)
To: myriam at kde.org, valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com, stuffcorpse at archlinux.us

http://likeback.kollide.net/admin/view.php

Version: 2.4-GIT
Locale:  en_US
Window:  MainWindow
Context:
Type:    Dislike
Comment:
1) I am personally not convinced by the custom blue panels around the
bottom toolbars in Amarok's playlist and media-sources panel.

The blue is quite alien to some widget styles (e.g. Oxygen, who "by
design" avoids painting colors on window background, and prefers to
paint shadows -outer/inner- instead).

The rounded rect looks good for oxygen, but really alien on the other
hand for some "square" widget styles. e.g. skulpture.

2) Along the same line: I also dislike the CD boxes painted behind the
media sources (local collection), because
- they are not visible enough (I guess not to interact with the text
on top) to be recognizable, but too visible to be ignored, so you end
up with some sort of "annoyance" that catches your focus (where your
focus should be on your media list, I guess)
- the perspective is completely alien to everything else in the window
(notably, the frames, holes, scrollbars, etc.)
- same as for 1/ oxygen designers (and dev) would rather avoid
painting stuff on the window background as much as possible.

These are just my two cents. Feel free to disregard as a whole, if you
have your own vision.

Cheers

(PS, aside from that, Amarock, well, rocks ! and I love it)

http://www.fsfe.org