GSoC:Podcast Synchronization via gpodder.net by Lucas Lira Gomes

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Fri Jun 10 14:01:17 CEST 2011

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/llg/1

Name:Lucas Lira Gomes
Freenode Nick: MaskMaster or MestreArsenal
Location(City, Country and Time Zone): Recife, Brazil (GMT -3)
E-mail/GTalk:x8lucas8x at gmail.com

Student at UFPE(Federal University of Pernambuco)

As you might be able to read in the link Lucas is implementing the
GPodder podcast provider and making. If completed Amarok will be a
fully functional client on the same level as gpodder for desktop and
N900. The synchronization will make sure your podcast statuses on
desktop and N900 are synced in the cloud.

Currently the raw implementation part of synchronization is already complete.
It can be tested here:
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=clones%2Famarok%2Fgomes%2Fmaskmaster-amarok.git&a=shortlog&h=refs/heads/playlist-sync

A gpodder.net server has been set up on kollide so he'll be
independent of gpo.net service outages (quite common) and we can all
test without messing up real data.

He's blogging over here: http://pinguimengenheiro.blogspot.com/search/label/KDE

Lucas: feel free to add anything if you want. I promise they won't bite.

Bart