Skip publishing 2.4.2 and do directly to 2.4.3

Modestas Vainius modax at debian.org
Mon Jul 25 12:55:07 CEST 2011

Hello,

On pirmadienis 25 Liepa 2011 11:08:21 Bart Cerneels wrote:
> We've found a rather irritating, troll tickling bug in 2.4.2 that
> already has a fix by Sam in review [1].
>
> In addition master only has bugfixes now, no string or ABI changes to
> the plugins, so we can go without plugin bump and translation.

I did commit spelling fixes [1]. Sorry about that. However, you can revert it
and reapply after release.

> I propose we do an immediate freeze, commit Sam's patch tag and
> /s/"2.4.2"/"2.4.3"/g on our release announcement, add the fixes and
> publish that instead.

If so why not 2.4.2.1 (preferably) or even respin 2.4.2 tarball? 2.4.2 has not
been released yet and given it typically takes months to release the next x.y.
(z+1), this will leave users confused.

[1]
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/multimedia/amarok/repository/revisions/1cad454877f9700df7806eb3bd186092b8f6e523

--