Skip publishing 2.4.2 and do directly to 2.4.3

Sam Lade admin at sentynel.com
Mon Jul 25 11:32:02 CEST 2011

On 25/07/11 10:19, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:
>> We've found a rather irritating, troll tickling bug in 2.4.2 that
>> already has a fix by Sam in review [1].
>>
>> In addition master only has bugfixes now, no string or ABI changes to
>> the plugins, so we can go without plugin bump and translation.
>>
>> I propose we do an immediate freeze, commit Sam's patch tag and
>> /s/"2.4.2"/"2.4.3"/g on our release announcement, add the fixes and
>> publish that instead.
>>
>> Bart
>>
>> [1] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102079/
>
> Ok, that's an annoying issue, but is it really worth delaying the release?
>
> How many days would the delay cost, until we can actually announce?
>
> PS:
> I have been using Last.fm with various revisions, and never
> encountered this popup dialog.

Mark: the issue comes from having the last.fm plugin enabled but without
login credentials set. You'll never see it if you're actually using
last.fm, but it appears for new users.

Bart: There are string changes in commits
9cbd63a0c4aeff231e464e39dd5ff6d2685e49ee and
1cad454877f9700df7806eb3bd186092b8f6e523.

Sam