Amarok doxygen documentation

Kevin Funk krf at gmx.de
Fri Jul 1 07:38:58 CEST 2011

Friday 01 July 2011, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org>:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 19:14, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> (snip)
>
> The problem is that as an application we don't publish stable API's.
> Hence any documentation we write can be outdated a few weeks later and
> those that do the implementation usually don't have the time to fully
> document.
>
> I would suggest, rather the full doxygen, to focus on clear class and
> method naming, a little bit of explanation in the top of the files
> with big important classes and perhaps a single design.txt in HACKING/
> For any more I'm afraid we don't have the manpower.

Hey,

I mostly agree here, though that I still find doxygen docs quite helpful in
some regard. We might not need or are not capable of creating full-blown
apidocs, though. But things like class inheritance graphs (generated by
graphviz) are very interesting to see for dependency checking. Also it's
really nice for quickly googling some class or method doc.

Also, as Nightrose pointed out. it's a helpful ressource for new contributors.

I'm trying to investigate why our apidocs are not uploaded to api.kde.org
(since others (like kdevelop) *are* actually uploaded).

Greets

--
Kevin Funk