move of Amarok documentation to git

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Jan 31 18:30:00 CET 2011

Am Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2011, um 10:10:21 schrieb Lydia Pintscher:
> Heya folks :)
>
> Burkhard wanted to move Amarok's documentation from SVN to git after
> 2.4.0 tagging. Tagging happened so I think the move can be done.
> Harald: Can you adjust the release script accordingly please once the
> move is done?

Thanks for the reminder Lydia.

So far we have Amarok documentation in

* trunk/extragear/multimedia/doc/amarok (export from
http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok and
http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/QuickStartGuide
<timestamp>2010-09-14T20:26:14Z)

* an update (2011-01-29) from these pages in branches/work/doc/amarok

* http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/* (Under Construction)

According to Valerie in http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-doc-
english&m=129646905904104&w=2 there should be only a single help menu entry.
So I assume userbase.kde.org/Amarok will be replaced by the
userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual pages when they are ready?

How to proceed depends on the next release date and when the Amarok/Manual
pages are ready for export.

If the next release is coming soon I am in favor of moving the updated
documentation from branches/work/doc/amarok into git now and start with
exporting the Amarok/Manual pages, that helps to find markup issues and
polishing the Manual pages.

--
Burkhard Lück