MusicBrainz

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Sat Jan 29 22:22:51 CET 2011

A few days ago I tried out the MusicBrainz tagger in action for the first time
and I'm impressed! Although it started with disappointment since the first
tracks I tried could not be found either by MusicBrainz or by MusicDNS, later
on with other tracks it worked really well and actually turned out to be more
fun than work for me!
I'm still convinced that the dialog displays enough information for its most
common usecase and works really well for it.
We'll see if the tooltip works well enough to point the user to the
"automatically select best matches" function or if we need to make it even
more prominent since it is quite useful.
The only problem I saw was that with my dark color scheme I can't read the
white text on the bright color background, so I always have to select each
suggestion to be able to read it.
So keep up the good work there!
Regards,
Thomas