Minor license header issue

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Jan 28 09:50:18 CET 2011

I was pointed to a minor issue with license headers in some files in Amarok.
Not all the files have license headers (GPL, LGPL or otherwise). Take a look at

http://gitweb.kde.org/amarok.git/tree/05663d4e37e86263a3471071a9f3cd7c0bbdcbb2:/src/core-
impl/collections/mediadevicecollection/podcast

the files there have no license header. Although they're small and almost
trivial, they should still have a header. Stecchino tells me the files are
unused and could be removed instead of having a license header added.

The GPL header from, say,
http://gitweb.kde.org/amarok.git/blob/05663d4e37e86263a3471071a9f3cd7c0bbdcbb2:/src/core-
impl/collections/mediadevicecollection/MediaDeviceCollection.h would do.

One comment on the license header in that file is that although the license is
GPLv2+, the header points to a very generic gnu.org page which currently
mostly talks about GPLv3. That might be improved by pointing to the older v2
license *and* the generic page.

[ade] (license wonk)