Amarok 2.4

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Jan 16 10:33:16 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Sergey Ivanov <123kash at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/1/16 Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>:
>> Anyone got an idea how or why this could happen?
>>
>> Cheers, Mark.
>> Amarok-devel mailing list
>> Amarok-devel at kde.org
>>

> Well, collection scanner runs by timer, there is no file system
> monitor anymore.

That's really not good, is it? Sadly, I missed the discussion about
the removal, back then.

IMHO we need to bring back file system watching, either with mtime
(like we used to do), or maybe with KDirWatcher, which has the
advantage of using the optimal strategy on all platforms.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, CEO of Kretschmann Software Consulting