FYI: Voting on bugs and wishes, lists of most wanted and most reported

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Jan 11 22:23:05 CET 2011

Hi all,

Currently, we use the default settings in bugs.kde.org which are:

Maximum votes per person/project:   100
Maximum votes per person/bug/wish: 20
Confirmation threshold:                      70 (the amount of votes
needed to set a report automatically to confirmed)

So if you see a bug with 25 votes this can be a maximum of 25 users
but also a a minimum of only  2 users, while a report with 981 (the
currently highest voted Amarok wish) certainly has a minimum of 50
voters.
I think we should always expect the minimum as some people just vote
with their default setting.

To have more information about voting in bugzilla see here:
https://bugs.kde.org/page.cgi?id=voting.html

I made a saved search called "Amarok: most voted". These 40 bugs
represent the most wanted bugs and wishes from the user POV.:
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=Amarok%3A%20most%20voted

The most reported bugs represent the bugs with most duplicate reports.
Find the saved search holding currently 19 reports here:
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=Amarok%20MostReported

Finally the most hated ones: this is a list of currently 28 bugs
(without wishes) where the minimum vote is above the default 1 person
vote:
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=Amarok%3A%20most%20hated

The last list is partly covered by the "most voted" list

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org