2.4.1 schedule

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Jan 11 18:54:15 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Heya folks :)
>
> Now that we have 2.4.0 out of the door - wohooooooooo! - it's time to
> think a bit about 2.4.1. What are your plans?

One thing for sure:
Trying to improve our quality control for corner cases, which might
not be corner cases for users at all.

By coincidence, or good luck, someone pointed me to a bug that would
have made Amarok crash instantly on first start. After investigating
and fixing that, I stumbled upon two other grave bugs that were only
triggered with a clean config. We devs did not notice, because we
hardly ever run Amarok without an existing config. That's very
dangerous.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, CEO of Kretschmann Software Consulting