Short review of two commits

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Sun Jan 9 13:39:57 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 13:07, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 2:37 AM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 05:50, Michael Jansen <kde at michael-jansen.biz> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I fixed a bug in amarok. Change is quite simple but i changed some methodnames
>>> and class members. Since i am not that firm in all things amarok could someone
>>> please review if the commit
>>>
>>> 121f91675dbf68072cefe486ccdabfff922cc0d5 and the one before that.
>>>
>>> is bc and source compatible? Does Amarok have such promises? Perhaps i am just
>>> to kdelibs style sensible.
>>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> Thanks for your patch. We are however in super deep freeze for the
>> release of 2.4. How confident are you about this fix?
>>
>> Everyone: Please test if CDs still work ok for you and give me a short
>> ping if you tested.
>> Michael: Please add an entry to the changelog.
>>

>> Cheers
>> Lydia
>
> I just rebuilt, and CD playing is not working with any of our phonon
> backends. I tested with gst, vlc both built earlier today, and xine
> from packages. Output was
>
> amarok: END__: virtual bool Meta::AudioCdAlbum::isCompilation() const
> [Took: 0s]
> amarok: BEGIN: virtual bool Meta::AudioCdAlbum::isCompilation() const
>
> pretty much as long as I would let it run. No sound, and no apparent
> track progress.

Well, this is a known regression with Kubuntu, we need testers with
other systems. I just hope the Kubuntu people manage to fix that soon,
but currently there is quite a bit of a mess with both Hal and udev
running.

So unfortunately we Kubuntu users can't test, sorry.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org