tagging 2.4 in a week

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Jan 7 09:39:22 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Alexander Potashev <aspotashev at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/1/1 Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org>:
>> Heya folks :)
>>
>> The schedule says tagging of 2.4 is in a week. How does everyone feel
>> about that? Yay? Nay?
>
> If you type "amarok release_blocker" in search at bugs.kde.org, it
> shows 15 Amarok bugs with "release_blocker" keyword. Do they really
> block the release, i.e. should all of those bug be fixed before
> tagging 2.4 final?

Yes, and no. What we should do is taking them seriously, and look over
the list for *really* serious bugs. That's basically the main purpose.

On the other hand, it makes no sense to postpone a release for fixing
all of them. That's because of "Release Early, Release Often." It's
not uncommon that we gain new contributors right after a big release,
who might just help us with fixing these issues.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, CEO of Kretschmann Software Consulting