This time of the year again: Splash Screen

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Jan 4 17:52:57 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey Amarok Team,
>
> first of all, a happy Christmas to all of you (in case your are
> Christian, otherwise, just a happy holiday)!
>
> Our release of Amarok 2.4 is nearing, and I guess we should choose a
> new splash screen. We still have leftovers from the last contest we
> did, the links are in the comments of this article:
>
> http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/1164-Kraut-Sourcing.html
>

> I would suggest, let's all just pick our favorites, and then we can
> see what people like best? No need for starting some huge official
> voting, unless we can't really get a consensus on one image.
>
> Which one do you like best?

Reminder:

Release is getting closer, and we should really place a new splash in
Git Master now. Looking over the replies to this thread, there seems
to be a consensus that this image is well suited:

The one on the top-left here: http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7898/prv3.png

If no-one objects, can we please contact the author (I think it's the
same guy who made the splash for 2.3.0 or so), get the original PNG,
and put it in Git Master? Volunteers welcome, myself I am still on
travels.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, CEO of Kretschmann Software Consulting