Review Request: New dynamic bias

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Feb 22 10:01:30 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 7:38 AM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> Bottom line: If we don't want Amarok to be a complete nerd tool, it
> might make sense to go back to our original goal with Amarok 2, which
> was "making powerful features easy to use". We used to say: "Amarok 2
> should be able to pass the Mom-Test: If our Mom's can't use it, we did
> not do it well enough."

Small correction: With "Mom-Test" we did not mean to imply that all
moms are incapable of using complex software.

The whole thing stemmed from something that Max Howell had said, back
then: "I would like to see my mom being able to use Amarok one day."
You could replace "his mom" with my dad, he would run into exactly the
same issues. It has nothing to do with gender, but it rather stemmed
from an ad-hoc discussion.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Senior Software Engineer at Nokia