No subject

Mon Feb 21 00:22:10 CET 2011

to 100%. Because my understanding would be that 30% of my songs should be
above 3 stars, 30% above 4 starts and *40%* never played before
(playcount=0)

With this:

  Not:
  (
    60% a random song
    40% artist name equals balmoreha
  )

again, I don't understand what the "Not:" does to that whole query...

Thirdly, I'm sure there's a reason why the 1.4 UI was rejected, but is there
anything that that UI couldn't do? It was simple, but created very specific,
predictable playlists. I've tried this branch, and I got completely
confused! :-)

Peter

"Happiness makes up in height what it lacks in length"
-- Robert Frost

On 21 February 2011 02:24, Lukas <1lukas1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I might put my 2 cents...
>
> I think the key reason of the problem could be rephrased into:
> *Its is being done inside out*
>
> The problem is that user has FIRST select bias,  LATER put the settings in
> - like click plus sign and add artist bias, then type in artist name, then
> set the proportion then repeat all again for each other bias. Its just too
> much (in most cases) clicks required to even start doing it :(
>
> But if it would be possible to FIRST have search box looking for any meta
> filed with AUTO COMPLETION. Once user finds the keyword, like U2, it gets
> dead easy *for Amarok to know*, that U2 is an artist. So by simply typing
> in U2 and clicking enter new bias of *Match artist name: U2* can be
> created.
>
> Once done, put focus to search field again, so *U2 <enter> sting <enter>
> Gorillaz <enter>*  creates the playlist of U2, Sting and Gorillaz. Tick
> the "and similar" check box and playlist gets filled with by track of U2,
> Sting, Gorillaz and similar to the artists.
>
> *The end.*
>
> One more thing. Biases suppose to be grouped. I can't imagine any reason
> why user could want to have 3 blocks for each artist, instead of one block
> for all of them.
> The issue could be level of proportion. But 90% of cases it is no issue.
> Just do
> SELECT * FROM `music` WHERE `artist` IN (u2, sting, gorillaz) ORDER BY rand
> LIMIT 15
>
> For the remaining 10% uses, a something like its done in some players with
> volume control - an 22x22 icon on the right to call horizontal slider to set
> it up.
> Or even simpler way - just add a star. Once artist is stared in the bias,
> it forces the stared artist to appear much more fraudulently. Even 10 year
> old could do that.
>

> As I wrote about artists only, same way can be used for almost any other
> meta field.
>
> If there are any biases that cant be done in simple search > do way, they
> can be presented in the same way as it is now, just put them on the bottom
> of the panel. This way they wouldn't bother daily users, yet leaving exactly
> same functionality for power users.
>

> P.S. what about range slider http://jqueryui.com/demos/slider/#range to
> get used for range selection like rating? (both edit filer and biases)

--0016367b5e70ef23aa049cc44344

I&#39;ve read this a couple of times:<div><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: collapse; color: rgb(32, 32, 32); font-family: Ve=
rdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><pre style=3D"white=
-space: pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word; ">

All songs must be:
(
  (
    30% rating greater than 3 stars
    30% rating greater than 4 stars
    60% playcount equals 0
  )
  and
  Unique
  and
  Not: genre equals audiobook
div>From a layman&#39;s point of view, I&#39;d expect the % values in brack=
ets to add up to 100%. Because my understanding would be that 30% of my son=
gs should be above 3 stars, 30% above 4 starts and <b>40%</b>=C2=A0never pl=
ayed before (playcount=3D0)</div>

tyle=3D"border-collapse: collapse; color: rgb(32, 32, 32); font-family: Ver=
dana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><pre style=3D"white-=
space: pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word; ">

  Not:
  (
    60% a random song
    40% artist name equals balmoreha
>Thirdly, I&#39;m sure there&#39;s a reason why the 1.4 UI was rejected, bu=
t is there anything that that UI couldn&#39;t do? It was simple, but create=
d very specific, predictable playlists. I&#39;ve tried this branch, and I g=
ot completely confused! :-)</div>

 in height what it lacks in length&quot;<br>-- Robert Frost<br>
ir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:1lukas1 at gmail.com">1lukas1 at gmail.com</a>&g=
t;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0=
 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">

If I might put my 2 cents...<br><br>I think the key reason of the problem c=
roblem is that user has FIRST select bias,=C2=A0 LATER put the settings in =
- like click plus sign and add artist bias, then type in artist name, then =
set the proportion then repeat all again for each other bias. Its just too =
much (in most cases) clicks required to even start doing it :(<br>

ta filed with AUTO COMPLETION. Once user finds the keyword, like U2, it get=
s dead easy <u>for Amarok to know</u>, that U2 is an artist. So by simply t=
yping in U2 and clicking enter new bias of <i>Match artist name: U2</i> can=
 be created.<br>

g &lt;enter&gt; Gorillaz &lt;enter&gt;</u>=C2=A0 creates the playlist of U2=
, Sting and Gorillaz. Tick the &quot;and similar&quot; check box and playli=
st gets filled with by track of  U2, Sting, Gorillaz and similar to the art=
ists.<br>

can&#39;t imagine any reason why user could want to have 3 blocks for each =
artist, instead of one block for all of them. <br>The issue could be level =
of proportion. But 90% of cases it is no issue. Just do <br>

SELECT * FROM `music` WHERE `artist` IN (u2, sting, gorillaz) ORDER BY rand=
 LIMIT 15<br><br>For the remaining 10% uses, a something like its done in s=
ome players with volume control - an 22x22 icon on the right to call horizo=
ntal slider to set it up. <br>

Or even simpler way - just add a star. Once artist is stared in the bias, i=
t forces the stared artist to appear much more fraudulently. Even 10 year o=
e used for almost any other meta field.<br>

 they can be presented in the same way as it is now, just put them on the b=
ottom of the panel. This way they wouldn&#39;t bother daily users, yet leav=
ing exactly same functionality for power users.<br>

lider/#range" target=3D"_blank">http://jqueryui.com/demos/slider/#range</a>=
 to get used for range selection like rating? (both edit filer and biases)<=
br>

Amarok-devel mailing list<br>