[kde-doc-english] Re: move of Amarok documentation to git

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 09:54:55 CET 2011

Greetings

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2011, um 10:10:21 schrieb Lydia Pintscher:
>> Heya folks :)
>>
>> Burkhard wanted to move Amarok's documentation from SVN to git after
>> 2.4.0 tagging. Tagging happened so I think the move can be done.
>> Harald: Can you adjust the release script accordingly please once the
>> move is done?
>>
> Thanks for the reminder Lydia.
>
> So far we have Amarok documentation in
>
> * trunk/extragear/multimedia/doc/amarok (export from
> http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok and
> http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/QuickStartGuide
> <timestamp>2010-09-14T20:26:14Z)
>
> * an update (2011-01-29) from these pages in branches/work/doc/amarok
>
> * http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/* (Under Construction)
>
> According to Valerie in http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-doc-
> english&m=129646905904104&w=2 there should be only a single help menu entry.
> So I assume userbase.kde.org/Amarok will be replaced by the
> userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual pages when they are ready?

The Amarok page is nice as is, but I don't think it should be counted
as documention. It's more of a feature list.

Yes, the Manual is all one document; we were hoping that the QSG would
be the first bit into the Help menu while we were finishing the rest
of the Manual, but that didn't happen. Now it is just the first
section of the Manual.

> How to proceed depends on the next release date and when the Amarok/Manual
> pages are ready for export.
>
> If the next release is coming soon I am in favor of moving the updated
> documentation from branches/work/doc/amarok into git now and start with
> exporting the Amarok/Manual pages, that helps to find markup issues and
> polishing the Manual pages.
>
> --
> Burkhard Lück

I don't have a date yet, but it should be within the next week or ten
days. We're doing a final comb-through to catch errors, refine the
page order, make sure all images and text match Amarok 2.4, etc.

Very exciting to see it almost done! As soon as it's out the door,
I'll be asking you, Burkhard, how I can help in the next step.

Valorie
--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez